ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: Hack to ignore CVS directories.
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2001 21:14:48 GMT
on 1/22/01 12:37 PM, "Glenn McAllister" <glenn@somanetworks.com> wrote:

> Care to help define that better solution?  :-)

I thought I did.

> I'm happy to back out the change and I'll do it now, but I'd like some input
> as to a better solution.
>
> Glenn McAllister

There is already directory scanning code (or there used to be) that
autoexcludes a number of items such as "CVS, .cvsignore, etc..." Why can't
you use that?

I guess my point is and my complaint is that CVS is not going to be our only
revision control software (see: <http://subversion.tigris.org/>) and making
special cases for a directory called "CVS" all over the code is really bad
as when tools like Subversion are ready, you will now have "SVN" as a
directory name.

It should be centralized somewhere. How you do the centralization is up to
you and this group to decide. :-)

-jon

--
Honk if you love peace and quiet.