ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: CVS access control
Date Sat, 13 Jan 2001 17:14:56 GMT
on 1/13/01 6:55 AM, "ScottCarlson@email.com" <ScottCarlson@email.com> wrote:

> Just an FYI.
>
> Diane suggested that she just be given access to the Docs
> directory.  Someone pointed out that with CVS it's an all or nothing case.
> I was looking at the xml.apache.org cvs repository this morning.  It has a
> script from David G. Grubbs, called cvs_acls.pl, in CVSROOT that does
> allow this kind of access control.
>
> I also thought it was all or nothing, so I thought others may be
> interested by this as well.
>
> Scott

Right, but the policy of the ASF is all or nothing as we literally have tons
of people doing commits and to manage that at that granularity just isn't
worth it.

If you can, checkout the CVSROOT module (I'm not sure if it is symlinked to
/home/cvspublic) and look at the avail file to see what I'm talking about.

thanks,

-jon

--
Honk if you love peace and quiet.