ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <dun...@x180.net>
Subject Re: [BUG?] Java Task adds Ant Classpath when forking
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2001 07:16:56 GMT
On 1/10/01 1:38 PM, "Sam Ruby" <rubys@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> For now, I've gone ahead and committed a change that makes the default
> "last".  In cases where the classes specified in the system classpath
> overlap with the ones specified in the build.xml file (or in the
> antRuntime, for cases where that is applicable), the ones in the system
> classpath are effectively ignored anyway.

Cool. After catching up to this point, that's about where I think I was
going to toss my $0.02..

> And for those of us that are either paranoid or control freaks, we can
> always override this by specifying "ignore" or "only" for the the
> build.sysclasspath property - depending on who we trust least ;-)

Yep. I think that I understand exactly why you want to be a control freak
here, but I do like that you have to declare that you are going to be a
control freak in order to get that behavior from the javac task.

                                                                  !try; do()