ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <dun...@x180.net>
Subject Re: XML support in ant
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2001 06:42:08 GMT
On 1/6/01 4:43 PM, "Peter Donald" <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:

> Well there is about 6 files that are owned by sun + the IP which is owned
> by sun. They basically put it under EA license. Thus you are not allowed to
> distribute the binary or source forms.

Of those 6 or so files. But technically those aren't there as part of
Crimson -- they are there to be used as is. Their master sources are
somewhere at Sun. So, you could freely redist everything except those
classes. And in fact, those sources shouldn't be in the Apache tree. At most
should be a jar file containing them unless Sun puts different terms on
them.

As to the rest of your message.. Yep. That's about the way it stacks up. :)
I'm currently working on getting better clarification to these issues. Don't
expect quick answers.

                                                                  !try; do()