ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <>
Subject Re: XML support in ant
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2001 06:34:21 GMT
On 1/5/01 6:05 PM, "Sam Ruby" <> wrote:

> My recommendation is to go with DOM L2.  I believe that there is a Crimson
> version in early access release that supports DOM L2.

And use only the JAXP+DOM classes. Don't make a dependency on Xerces or

>> - XML serialization (at least a DOMWriter). Xerces provides such
>> as support as well as crimson.
>> Workaround: Write the nth DOMWriter.
> I have no good suggestion here.  Rumor has it that this will be fixed in
> DOM L3...

Actually turns out that there's a neat way to do this with JAXP. Get a
Transform object with no style sheet. This defaults to a "identity"
transform which spits out XML of the DOM tree. :)

James Duncan Davidson
                                                                  !try; do()

View raw message