ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <dun...@x180.net>
Subject Re: licence statement update
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2001 20:09:22 GMT
On 1/4/01 3:08 AM, "Conor MacNeill" <conor@cognet.com.au> wrote:

>> Damn. What else changed besides s/Ant/Tomcat/ ? -- that's a lot of data.
>
> Oh, I sneaked in a few controversial things :-)

He he.. :) I forgot the smily in my last message. It was intended as more
humorous than it came across. Sorry. But you responded just like I intended
to sound. :) With a smily.

> Actually it was JUST this change but there were something like 288 files
> affected (I did all the GUI files as well) and that generated a fairly big
> email message. I don't plan many more of these big hits :-) and now that I
> know about this limit, I'll probably commit in batches.

Yep. Breaking down large commits is a good thing. The real problem that was
run into here is that if one line changes in each file, the diff is
something like 10 lines long or more.

                                                                  !try; do()