ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <dun...@x180.net>
Subject Re: question about list usage
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2001 10:27:53 GMT
On 1/3/01 9:45 AM, "Matthew Geis" <matthew.geis@instill.com> wrote:

> I may be touching a nerve here, but would it be too much to ask that posts
> about how to use ANT be posted to the ant user list, and posts regarding
> patches, bug fixes, features, etc. be posted to the ant developer list?
> Hear me out on this one, please.

I've got nothing with pushing -user type questions to -user. In fact I'd
encourage it. I wouldn't see anything wrong with suggesting that people use
the correct list for the correct thing. There's really no need to even
conduct an informal vote on it -- just start making it known when people are
across the line. If they think they aren't (or somebody else thinks that you
are wrong), they'll speak up. :)

.duncan

                                                                  !try; do()