ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <dun...@x180.net>
Subject Re: Did somebody say Shut up and Write? :)
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2001 22:27:33 GMT
On 12/29/00 4:56 AM, "Peter Donald" <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:

>> I also have a question about the ability for tasks to access the ant object
>> model. One thing that JDD mentions in his doc is that "the entire build
>> tree is represented in memory and available to all tasks that run". Is this
>> really such a good idea? How many tasks actually take advantage of this?
>
> I think he means the tree of proxies are all in memory but the actual tasks
> are created at runtime.

Correct. Build tree != Task implementations. Build Tree contains Task info
objects. Nothing more than that. For those just tuning in, this allows us to
have tasks that can change property settings and such and those don't get
evaluated into the task instance until just as it's being called.

.duncan

                                                                  !try; do()