ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Wilkinson <swilkin...@NETdelivery.com>
Subject RE: Tips on developing on Ant... and keeping ant dev readable?
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2001 23:14:25 GMT
Try netscape 4.7.x.  It lets you sort by subject with a simple click.
(DON'T use the new Netscape yet.  I have heard bad stories about it.)
I know Outlook 98 is bad, I have to use it a work.
Now I guess you are saying that Outlook 2000 doesn't solve the problem.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin van den Bemt [mailto:mvdb@mvdb.com]
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2001 12:29 PM
To: Antdev
Subject: Tips on developing on Ant... and keeping ant dev readable?

Hi,

Do you guys have any tips on developing on Ant? I'm currently just changing
stuff in the checkout version of ant. Do you all copy it to a different
directory before you play around with it or do use "a different" way?
Do you have you're own build scripts etc etc. I don't have write permissions
to ant.
I can think of a scenario or two, but you already had to face these
questions and I rather use that knowledge..
I'm open to every option ;-)) (I develop on Windows 2000 and linux most of
the time and test on linux).

The other part of the question is : How on earth do I keep ant-dev
readable?? Is there some nice way to keep track of message id's and there
relation, so I can have a nice "newsgroup" format or is there no way to do
this (I use outlook 2000)?

Just having fun here...

Mvgr,
Martin van den Bemt