ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jay Glanville" <dic...@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject RE: Text only list?
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2001 17:54:54 GMT

> From: Jim Driscoll [mailto:jim.driscoll@eng.sun.com]
> That's interesting - this mail arrived as plain text only.

I'm glad it is in plain text ... I have to junp through some very big hoops
in order to get this mailer to send ONLY plain text.

> (And I'd
> argue that any mailer that automaticly doubled the size of
> all my emails
> without allowing me to configure it otherwise was broken, and a
> different one should be used.)

Yes, Outlook 2000 Premium as a client is broken when used in conjunction
with enterprise Exchange servers.  (Interesting, Microsoft is broken when
used in conjunction with Microsoft ...)  If I do what is expected of normal
users to sent plain text e-mails (Tools->options->mail->Send as plain text),
outlook/exchange will take my plain text message, and place it as the second
part of a multi-part e-mail where the first part is either an HTML or RTF
version of the text.  However, I'm sure that there are other e-mail programs
that do this, either by intention or mistake.  Replacing it?  Sorry, but the
gods have decreed from upon high that we are to use this.

> Jim

Jay