ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jay Glanville" <dic...@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject RE: build.classpath and tinderbox builds
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2001 13:53:05 GMT
First, let me apologize for not sending plain text last time I mailed.  As a
way of apology, let me offer a comic ;-)

http://www.comics.com/creators/speedbump/archive/speedbump-20001228.html

now, back to some serious stuff.

I guess you could ask yourself, "Why is the libraries of my build tool being
put into the classpath of my environment?"  Especially when, if needed, they
could be explicitly included.

In other words, instead of modifying the order of the classpath, try
removing the build-tools runtime libraries.  The way that I've tested this
is to remove the line
	classpath.addExisting(Path.systemClasspath);
from the method
	Javac.getCompileClasspath();
Now, if you've modified your classpath environment variable to alter the
behaviour of ant (i.e.: added things to env so they get included in the
build), then the above has the side affect of removing that.  However, I
believe that this isn't necessarily a bad thing.  For recreatability
intentions, I don't like relying upon environment variables in my build
environment - they aren't always captured in logs, and they have a "magic"
feel to them.

Please let me know if this would help you, as my refactoring also added an
includeAntRuntime attribute.

Jay