ant-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Greenberg <MGreenb...@Eidea.com>
Subject RE: "fail-fast" and missing .java files
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2001 19:52:57 GMT
Re: (2) The more generic warning is that Ant should warn
about empty FileSets.  That way the warning is useful for
all the file based tasks.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Bailey [mailto:david.bailey@lawson.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2001 2:17 PM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: "fail-fast" and missing .java files
<snip...>

2) I've noticed that if a build.xml file directs ant to compile a .java
source file which doesn't exist, ant does not complain and in fact
reports a successful build.  The practical consequence of this behavior
is that typos in the build.xml file and/or clobbered source files are
not discovered until runtime, and possibly in a confusing way.  It seems
to me that if you ask ant to compile something which doesn't exist, ant
should at least spit out a warning.