ant-dev mailing list archives

From BugRat Mail System <tomcat-b...@cortexity.com>
Subject BugRat Report #724 has been filed.
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2001 12:40:58 GMT
Bug report #724 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/724>

REPORT #724 Details.

Project: Ant
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: serious
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: 1.2
   JVM Release: Sun JDK 1.3
   Operating System: Windows 2000
   OS Release: --
   Platform: Intel

Synopsis:
ANT does not work in directories whose name contains a "#" character

ANT fails to read files in directories with a "#" character because the underlying XML parser
considers the filename to be a URL (internally it adds "file:" to the path. The XML parser
then considers the "#" as a anchor delimiter within the web page.

This bug is particularly nasty for us since we use the Continuus configuration management
system which likes to place projects under a directory named projectName#userName. This bug
renders ANT unusable in our environment.