ant-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hughes <leslie.hug...@rubus.com>
Subject RE: Install Shield MultiPlatform edition + RPM + TAR etc
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2001 10:25:11 GMT

Hi all,

As part of our code drops, I've been looking a various distribution issues.
I've rolled a couple of ant tasks to deal with the creation of properties
files etc. for specific machines/environemnts from master files and I'm
currently using tar to form up distros for each of our boxes but....

What do you guys think? What do you do wrt distribution? If Ant is the right
thing to do this with what tasks should we be looking at creating (RPM??
installshield?)

And what about physical delivery? Again, a magic tar pipe over ssh seems to
be a good way of dumping distros on boxes or scp perhaps? - should this kind
of thing be ant-able?

Bye,

Les