ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <>
Subject Re: Bootstrapping et al.
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2001 11:30:11 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:
> [snip]
> Ages ago bootstrapping current ant with an old ant was vetoed IIRC but I
> would like to make a case for it. I would like to see an old version of ant
> kept in CVS (say last released version). This would give us all heaps of
> flexability and it would void the need for maintaining the complex
> platforms specific scripts that we currently use. The main reason this was
> vetoed last time was because it involved keeping jars in CVS and as this is
> no longer  so taboo maybe we could change it ?
> [snip]

BTW I tried to build current Ant with 1.2, assuming it would work, and
it seemed to at first...but and maybe other stuff
was missing from the resulting ant.jar. The bootstrapped version was
fine. If it's not a burden, it would certainly be nice for the current
build.xml to work with the most recent released binary.

Jesse Glick   <>
NetBeans, Open APIs  <>
tel (+4202) 3300-9161 Sun Micro x49161 Praha CR

View raw message