ant-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn McAllister <gl...@somanetworks.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Javadoc.java
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2001 18:24:59 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Glenn McAllister <glenn@somanetworks.com> wrote:
>
> > Just in case anyone is wondering, I had to create my include strings
> > as
> >
> > org/blah/blah/**
> >
> > and test for .java files in each included directory, because doing
> >
> > org/blah/blah/**/*.java
> >
> > returns 0 included directories.
>
> Right, but you could get to your directory by calling File.getParent()
> for the included files. Not sure, but this might be more efficient
> than scanning the filesystem twice.

Fair enough.  If I end up touching this again, I'll probably do it your
way.  However, it is pretty fast now, so maybe not. :-)

> Hmm, I don't know why Arnout decided to name the things like he did,
> but the logic is that an object is labeled included if it matches one
> of the include patterns and no exclude pattern. Obviously a directory
> doesn't match a **/*.java pattern, so it is not included by this
> definition.

I guess it just seems counterintuitive to me that if the file is
included, the directory isn't necessarily included and I have to do
tricks to get that extra information.

Glenn McAllister