ant-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn McAllister <gl...@somanetworks.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Javadoc.java
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2001 17:02:03 GMT
glennm@apache.org wrote:

> glennm      01/01/24 08:56:47
>
>   Modified:    src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Javadoc.java
>   Log:
>   Resolving package names now occurs with the
>   use of a private FileSet.  This provides
>   the use of the default excludes patterns,
>   which include **/CVS/**, preventing any
>   .java files in a CVS/Base directory from
>   being included.
>
>   Just in case someone does ever have a
>   package named blah.CVS, I added the
>   "defaultexcludes" attribute.

Just in case anyone is wondering, I had to create my include strings as

org/blah/blah/**

and test for .java files in each included directory, because doing

org/blah/blah/**/*.java

returns 0 included directories.  Anyone care to explain the logic of that one to me?  If a
file is included, should its directory not be included as well?

Glenn McAllister