ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Burton" <bi...@progress.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Class dependency checking for optional tasks
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2001 16:09:49 GMT
Hello,

A couple of months ago, I started work on an Ant 1.3 build file
"optional.xml" that could fetch and install some optional tasks.  So far,
I've implemented a task that can fetch and install the NetComponents jar
for the FTP task.  It would be good to add support for the scripting jars
and any other obvious ones in optional.jar.

If this kind of thing seems appropriate, I'd be willing to work on it some
more.

JNLP seems like the way to go long term but based on the proposed schedule
for the 1.3 release a simpler scheme looks like it would be more
appropriate.

-Bill Burton