ant-dev mailing list archives

From Frank Griffin <...@ntplx.net>
Subject Proposal for Building Ant under OS/2 (and question)
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2001 22:53:24 GMT
Hello All,

I've just joined this list, because I am interested in modfiying the Ant build procedures
to support OS/2.  Actually, I've built Ant successfully under OS/2 by hacking the build scripts,
but I'd like to formalize the support, get it reviewed, and get it committed.

OS/2 uses script files which (as far as I can tell from the examples of the Ant, Xerces, Xalan,
and FOP builds) accept the Windows .BAT file syntax unchanged.  However, they are expected
to have the extension .CMD.

Also, the latest OS/2 JDK does not keep all of the Java JARs and EXEs in the same directory.
 They differentiate between SDK stuff (javac.exe, tools.jar) and runtime stuff (java.exe,
rt.jar).  The BIN and LIB directories for the SDK stuff live one level higher than JAVA_HOME.
 In a typical installation, the BIN and LIB directories for SDK stuff will be under C:\JAVA13\,
while the runtime stuff will be under C:\JAVA13\JRE.

I propose to handle this by: