ant-dev mailing list archives

From Eric van der Vlist <...@dyomedea.com>
Subject Re: So, The Show Must Go On
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2001 15:46:51 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:

> If by any chance that sound bite you quoted lives on (Eric, you still
> listening?)

Sure...

> then it too suffers from a sin of omission a more complete
> statement would be:
>
>    I believe that this community has expressed very clearly that Duncan is
>    welcome here as an equal.  As the original author, Duncan does not
>    believe that this is fair.

I am wondering if the second sentence isn't redundant with a quote
already included "...I'm not proud about feeling that way, but it is the
way I felt..." and controversial.

Looks like you mean "we are the good guys and he has the full
responsibility in what's happening" while I have tried to reports the
facts (as I can see/feel them) "we came to a disagreement and as we
didn't want to follow his direction he left".

Duncan himself told that it wasn't about being fair... and one the
reason why I have written this story (despite the fact that Ant is a XML
project I value) is that I find it representative of the difficulties
that the democracy can bring.

These issues are specific to open source projects and I think none of
you can be blamed for this.

I can still add this quote to the article, but people would probably pay
more attention if you added it by following the "Comment on this
article" link at the bottom of the story...

Eric