ant-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Lucas <j...@stonecottage.com>
Subject Re: other tokens
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2001 00:48:42 GMT
Jon Stevens wrote:

> on 1/17/01 3:33 PM, "Josh Lucas" <josh@stonecottage.com> wrote:
>
> > I was wondering if there has been any discussion of  allowing tokens
> > other than '@' for filtering.  I looked through the archives but didn't
> > really see anything.  I would assume it could be a target attribute but
> > if it's already been discussed, I don't want to work on a patch.
> >
> > thanks,
> > josh
>
> You can do this with the <replace> task. :-)

umm.. sort of but not really.. :)

Basically what I'm trying to do is copy files from blah.in to blah.  The
.in files have tokens in them which are not '@TOKEN@' so I'd like to be
able to specify what the token is that I'm using.

By specifying the token, I could use the existing <copy> task with
filtering  and everything works fine.  Also, I don't have to type out
every token I want to replace like I do using <replace>.

At any rate, I adjusted Project, ProjectHelper and Target to handle this
and I can send the patches if wanted.

josh