ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Hunter <jhun...@collab.net>
Subject Re: OT: JCP
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2001 09:22:35 GMT
> > As a side note I read somewhere that Apache is also a part of
> > that? If so whos our representative and how receptive/busy are
> > they ;) I looked around on web pages but nothing jumped out at
> > me ...
>
> Pretty much most of the ppl who are part of the Jakarta PMC are on there.
>
> I believe that our official rep is Jason Hunter right now.

Yep, I'm the rep.  For info on JCP go to http://java.sun.com/jcp.  For
EC information, click on the "EC Information" link.

> If you have anything you need to bring up, you can send email to:
>
> jcp@apache.org
>
> It is currently a private email list though because of Sun's NDA wishes.

To be fair, it's not just Sun wanting the NDA.  Companies want to speak
frankly at the EC level and they what they say in the EC group to stay
with the EC group.  It's similar to how our own PMC and members lists at
Apache are private (except we operate on good faith with our members;
companies don't trust each other so they use formal NDAs).

Anyone at Apache should feel free to raise issues to the jcp@ list if
they have any problems with JSRs they're participating on or have
opinions on proposed JSRs.  The current JSRs up for approval are at:

http://java.sun.com/aboutJava/communityprocess/jsr.html

(More questions can go to me privately so we can get back on topic.)

-jh-