ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Intended change to <zip>
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2001 11:29:51 GMT
At 12:03  30/1/01 +0100, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>when Don's ZipFileSet stuff has been committed I complained about some
>things but nobody responded. As I'm not sure anybody has read that
>mail, I'll give you a heads up as I'm going to address the problem as
>I see it myself.

I missed it and IIRC I was the one who commited the change - soz ;)

>What I intend to do:
>
>* remove <prefixedfileset> completely as it has only been part of
>1.3alpha and can be dropped before we come to the first release
>candidate IMHO.

+0

>* make <fileset> a plain FileSet for a couple of reasons: (1)
>backwards compatibility - there may be people invoking Zip.addFileset()
>directly. (2) consistency - a <fileset> should be a <fileset> no
>matter which task it has been nested into and related (3) make it
>possible to have a DTD for it - we cannot have multiple ATTLISTs for
><fileset> elements depending on context.

+1 ;)

>* add <zipfileset> for the new functionality.

-0
Though what does a zipfileset have to do with adding a prefix to files
added ;) I would like to change it to use mapper and have a
<mapped-fileset> or <transformed-fileset> or something similar but I don't
have the time to do it at the moment so .. ;)

Cheers,

Pete