ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant build.bat
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2001 01:22:15 GMT
At 12:04  25/1/01 +1100, Conor MacNeill wrote:
>Not sure what your issue is here. It works fine for me with a classpath that
>was not set

Must be compiler dependent. For instance if you create something like

set CLASSPATH=
set LOCALCLASSPATH=foo.jar;%CLASSPATH%;junit.jar
echo LOCALCLASSPATH=%LOCALCLASSPATH%

would echo "LOCALCLASSPATH=foo.jar;;junit.jar" which would mean that
certain tools would stop at the ;; entry. So they would only see foo.jar.
Other tools would completely flake out and see nothing. Either jikes or 1.3
javac (or both) breaks the build process if CLASSPATH hasn't been set which
is why I have always had to have an extra bat file that bootstraps the
bootstrap process ;)