ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Updating myrmidon?
Date Sun, 21 Jan 2001 02:36:08 GMT
Hi,

I would like to update myrmidon to follow the Apache rules and also
incorporate some stuff from the other proposals over next few weeks.

The main thing I have to do is change packages from org.apache.ant to
org.apache.myrmidon, right? Other than that I would generally like to
tackle it again and simplify a lot of things - unify
convert/datatype/tasklet packages into one package hierarchy.

I would also like to merge in Bootstrap.java like functionality from
AntEater and try to set up the classpath stuff like is partially done in
AntFarm and like JDD proposed a bit back.

Also I got a number of reports that the term "tasklet" was sucky and I
should just use the term "task" instead. Thoughts ?

Also regarding building inter-project file DAGs? Do we think it is
good/bad/ugly ? I am personally very +1 on it and would thus like to
incorporate such functionality into myrmidon. I think at the moment AntFarm
does it best and would like to incorporate that as the default project
format into myrmidon. Currently the format that mymidon uses is the Ant1.x
format.

If this is not acceptable I would like to add it as an option. Because
Myrmidon was built with the assumption that you could have different
ProjectBuilders it would be possible that you could use the CLI option
"--project-builder=org.apache.myrmidon.project.AntFarmProjectBuilder" to
acces that. A little ugly but workable.

Anything else you hate about myrmidon or want changed? I may go through the
feature list and rank which bit's are fulfilled and which aren't and see
what you think.

Cheers,

Pete