ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Coding Standards] Apache licence and GPL compatible?
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2001 00:11:46 GMT
At 02:56  18/1/01 -0500, David Corbin wrote:
>I suspect that this has it's problems too.  If he has incorporated other
>peoples code into it (and I think he has), he needs their permission (at
>least in an ethical sense, but probably legal to (IANAL)) to release it
>under another license..

Only if he integrated "significant" other work or accepted significant bug
fixes or feature enhancements such that the other party gained a copyright
claim on the work. What the definition of "significant" entails is for
lawyers to decide but a conservative estimate is either 10 lines of code or
5% of code of code per source file (which ever is greater).

Cheers,

Pete