ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Suggestion][New Task] Coding Standards / Code 'Beautifier'
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2001 23:24:42 GMT
At 08:09  17/1/01 +0000, Stuart Roebuck wrote:
>This is all helpful feedback.
>
>I *absolutely* agree that a reformatter would have to be *totally*
reliable, and not break code.  It looks like the author is already using
junit which is a good sign.  The other positive aspect of this reformatter
is that it is part of a java refactoring suite which means that (I think)
the code actually parses and understands the code to some extent rather
than doing a brain dead bit of ASCII character art!  In my brief uses of it
on some of my own code I was impressed with the result.

yep - it works great - I have been playing with it and haven't broken
anything so far ;)

Cheers,

Pete