ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Integrating Ant into JBuilder
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2001 03:13:10 GMT
At 07:02  16/1/01 -0800, Preston L. Bannister wrote:
>Looking to call Ant a bit more directly I took the source
>of main() and coded direct calls to the Main() constructor
>and runBuild() only to find these are not public...

right ;)

>What I'd like to do is make Main() and runBuild() public,
>and hook the output streams to feed directly into the IDE
>message window.

right - I think that you will find that there is a number of other
"gotchas" with respect to running ant this way. It was never designed for
such embedding and thus there is a lot of access to static resources,
mucking with classloaders, caching data etc. Consequently it may take a bit
of work

For Ant2.0 we are starting afresh and this will be possible (actually
easy-peasy) thou if you try to start doing the same for Ant1.x I am sure it
would be much appreciated. Thou I gotta warn you it isn't easy ;)

>Am I heading down the wrong path with Ant??

nope ;)

Cheers,

Pete