ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Missed any patches ?
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2001 06:19:10 GMT
At 09:07  11/1/01 -0800, Diane Holt wrote:
>--- Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
>> If we have missed any patches recently (exceptin Dianes sound mods, and
>> Jays compiler mods) feel free to send them to me off list ;)
>
>Awhile back, we were talking about whether and how we should review which
>tasks belonged with "core", which with "optional", and possibly having a
>third category (maybe "contrib"?) that would be where tasks people wanted
>to contribute, and which they would maintain, could be submitted. Has that
>idea been shelved?

I think for a bit. I think everyone decided to wait for Ant2.0 but Ant2.0
dev has been put off till after PMC meeting when they decide who gets to
run the group/project/Ant2.0 (if anybody). After that it could pick up again.

>The reason this relates is because I'm thinking,
>specifically, about Jose Alberto's <case> task, which apparently, even
>though it's its own separate task, is still being vetoed for commit, even
>as an optional task. I think there have also recently been questions
>posted again about whether there is someplace people can contribute tasks.
>And if I remember correctly, there was a growing number of other tools
>that were implementing tasks for Ant (I think the idea was to provide
>pointers to those sites).
>
>Where does that all stand? Did a final decision about it get made?

good-idea that no one has stepped up to handle yet ;) Thou I suspect if you
bugged Jon he has access to create a CVS module jakarta-ant-contrib that
you could start it off with ;)

Cheers,

Pete