ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: -quiet mode, annoying output....
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2001 07:27:27 GMT
At 02:13  9/1/01 -0500, Jason Rosenberg wrote:
>Are there plans to make -quiet flag have the
>behavior indicated below, by default, instead of
>having to set the -logger, and modify echo, etc.?

There was discussion about changing behaviour of echo a while back but a
bunch of people complained so it wasn't changed I believe. Thou I would
like to see the change I don't think we can in the Ant1.x series.

>It seems to me that we need to have a standard
>flag, which probably should just be the current
>'-quiet', which has the effect of only printing
>out a visited target when that target has some
>output.

Nope - we aren't going to change anything that is not backwards compatable
- at least thats what I believe we decided. Backwards incompatable changes
will liekyl wait till 2.0+

Cheers,

Pete