ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JLink vs. Jar
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2001 11:54:52 GMT
At 12:38  4/1/01 +0100, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Just a FYI but I think that a lot of this functionality will be
>> consolidated into FileSet + Mapper in Ant2.0.[...]  Thou this is
>> just a guess from work Stefan did ;)
>
>Huh? I have not read up to the beginning of this thread, I'm jumping
>in somewhere in the middle, sorry. Actually I have not thought about
>associating a mapper to a fileset as closely as you did, but now that
>you mention it ...
>
><prefixedfileset prefix="bla/"> could be something like
>
><fileset ...>
>  <mapper type="glob" from="*" to="bla/*" />
></fileset>
>
>a lot more difficult to read but extremely powerful. Not sure.

I guess I just assumed that was the idea ;) I thought you mentioned
something like this with respect to unifying all file handling. ie all
tasks build filesets + mappers and hand em to a utility method that does
dependency checking etc. Maybe it was someone else ... no idea - I have a
relatively bad memory for that sorta thing ;)

Cheers,

Pete