ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Enhancement to available task
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2001 02:10:32 GMT
At 08:30  2/1/01 -0500, Bill Burton wrote:
>  <available property="javascript.present"
>             classname="com.ibm.bsf.BSFManager,
>org.mozilla.javascript.Scriptable" />

good idea !!! I like. How about we go one step further and allow arbitrary
conjunction of tests. You could use nested sub-elements in this case such as

<available property="javascript.present">
  <test classname="com.ibm.bsf.BSFManager"/>
  <test classname="org.mozilla.javascript.Scriptable"/>
  <test file="my/generated/javascript/file.js"/>
</available>

thoughts ?

We could go even more generic (thou not sure if this is wise) for Ant2.0 so
that the following or something like it works.

<property name="javascript.present">
  <available>
    <test classname="com.ibm.bsf.BSFManager"/>
    <test classname="org.mozilla.javascript.Scriptable"/>
    <test file="my/generated/javascript/file.js"/>
  </available>
</property>

On second thoughts that kinda looks ugly ;/

Cheers,

Pete