ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Setting classpath
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2001 22:58:57 GMT
At 02:42  2/1/01 -0800, James Duncan Davidson wrote:
>Probably pretty close to what I was thinking. Let me cast what I was
>thinking a bit differently and see where we are:

I agree 100% except I used different names ;)

>    3) any classpath info given in the task definition, if we
>       decide to support this
>    4) any potential classpath info given in the task itself, if
>       we decide to support this

I am not sure if we need to have per-task cp because if they need different
cp then shouldn't they be separate .tsks ? One thing I would like to see is
manifest ebntries such as

Ant-Classpath: ${java.home}/lib/tools.jar ${ant.home}/lib/jaxp.jar

Where variables are interpreted in manifest at load time. Then we can throw
away most (if not all) issues I can think of. Thoughts ?

Cheers,

Pete