ant-dev mailing list archives

From "McKisson, Shawn" <sh...@question.com>
Subject Weblogic 5.1 EJB Deployment Descriptor enhancement proposal
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2001 01:29:23 GMT
Visual Cafe (from the WebGain studio) tries to make the developers life
easier by generating the deployment descriptors.
Unfortunately, the manner in which it packages does not work well with ant.

Any given jar file might contain the following deployment descriptors
1 ejb-jar.xml
1 weblogic-ejb-jar.xml
X weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jarX.jar files (not counting the first, which is just
weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar.xml)

We have custom hacked ant 1.2 to accomplish what we need by forcing a copy
of weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar[1-9].xml to location where ejbc can find it, but
this is not at all elegant.

After reading some relevant posts in the ant-dev group, I decided that I
wanted to implement one of the nicer proposals listed there. The one I am
going to choose will parse weblogic-ejb-jar.xml extract determine exactly
which deployment descriptors should be included when copying files.

However, I don't want to duplicate work that someone else is doing, so  I am
posting here in order to determine if someone else has already begun work
towards resolving this issue.

--shawn