ant-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <davidjen...@earthlink.net>
Subject RE: PMC official business
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2001 05:10:45 GMT
Hi!

Since you are short on replies, I will put my 0.02$ in.

I've been using ant for several months now, and think it is wonderful.  I
am working on an optional task I hope to contribute soon.

I think the association with apache.org  has the effect of giving the ant
project lots of visibility and respectability.  I wonder what keeping the
project at apache is costing apache.org that they are considering removing
it.  I worry that if for instance ant is moved to say sourceforge much of
the effort may dissipate.  It will be confusing for new users too.

So I like it where it is, expand the mandate and keep working.

Thanks
David Jencks

<big snip />