ant-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Stirling <sstirl...@mediaone.net>
Subject RE: Ant and RPM integration-- Has anyone looked into it?
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2001 13:54:45 GMT
There was an article in Linux Journal (I'm quite sure, but their site
seems to be down now) about a year ago where the author rewrote at least
part of RPM in Java.

BTW, in response to Tim Mooney's comment on a JVM in the Linux kernel
(meant kiddingly, I thought), the Linux kernel used to have a feature
whereby it would execute *.class files by mapping them automatically to
a JVM.  I came across this in the Linux Kernel Blackbook while reading
it in Borders one day.  It has since been removed from the kernel (not
sure exactly when), but I thought it was interesting.

Scott Stirling