ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: So, The Show Must Go On
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2001 18:18:59 GMT
--- James Duncan Davidson <duncan@x180.net> wrote:
> In the interest of making sure that Ant goes on smoothly, I'm going to
> bow out, excepting my responsibilities as PMC chair to make sure that
> the ASF rules are followed. Something/body has to bend and in the hope
> that it will be best for this codebase, I'm going to be the bendee.

Duncan,

This doesn't seem like a bend -- it seems like a break. Are your ideas on
where Ant2 should go really so diametrically opposed to all of the other
proposals that you can't in fact bend to meet them at some point? I'm not
implying they aren't, just asking if that's really the case. If that is,
then I suppose starting a new build-tool based on those ideas would be the
only way to go, but it never seemed that way to me -- then again, I don't
have the OO or Java background to really be able to evaluate that. Would
it be possible for you to give a short description of what it is about
your ideas versus the ideas of others that accounts for the essential
differences that would disallow yours and the others from being able to be
combined into a single design?

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)