ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <>
Subject Re: To Script or not To Script...
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2001 01:53:32 GMT
Well, it's a bit longer, but I believe that's what I said earlier -- allow
for easy extensibility of Basic Ant to do the sorts of scripting-type
tasks people feel they need (I certainly do), and, whether directly
connected to the Apache Ant or off in its own project somewhere else,
assemble a group of extensions to form Extended Ant.

Although one thing I'm not clear about is where exactly you're thinking
you -would- put the "extension tags" (eg., <for>, <if>, etc.) if not in a
build.xml file.

Do You Yahoo!?