ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Enhancement to available task
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2001 06:49:22 GMT
--- James Duncan Davidson <duncan@x180.net> wrote:
> On 1/8/01 4:01 PM, "Bill Burton" <billb@progress.com> wrote:
> > This has been discussed before in relation to if/unless at the target
> > level.  If I recall, there were differing opinions this.
>
> I'm sure that there were differing opinions on this. It doesn't mean
> that I won't continue to argue that if there is going to be an if check,
> it needs to check the property for a meaningful value, not just the
> existence of a value.

Hear! Hear! (But shoot -- where were you when I was arguing that very line
several months ago? :)  I have a modified Target.java that allows for that
very thing. I actually don't use that functionality very often, but when I
do need to, it's so nice having it there instead of having to pretzel my
way through bunches of intermediary targets, all just trying to get me
back to where I started.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)