ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Missed any patches ?
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2001 17:07:34 GMT
--- Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
> If we have missed any patches recently (exceptin Dianes sound mods, and
> Jays compiler mods) feel free to send them to me off list ;)

Awhile back, we were talking about whether and how we should review which
tasks belonged with "core", which with "optional", and possibly having a
third category (maybe "contrib"?) that would be where tasks people wanted
to contribute, and which they would maintain, could be submitted. Has that
idea been shelved? The reason this relates is because I'm thinking,
specifically, about Jose Alberto's <case> task, which apparently, even
though it's its own separate task, is still being vetoed for commit, even
as an optional task. I think there have also recently been questions
posted again about whether there is someplace people can contribute tasks.
And if I remember correctly, there was a growing number of other tools
that were implementing tasks for Ant (I think the idea was to provide
pointers to those sites).

Where does that all stand? Did a final decision about it get made?

Thanks,
Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)