ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: -quiet mode, annoying output....
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2001 08:04:16 GMT
--- Jason Rosenberg <jason@squaretrade.com> wrote:
> Can we not change the behavior, then, by introducing a new
> flag, such as -terse, or something?

I just added "-logger $LOGGER" to my 'ant' wrapper-script's command line.
It's set by default to Pete's NoBannerLogger, but the script checks for it
set in the user env, so you could override it if you want. Seemed like the
easiest approach to me.

P.S. On the other hand, I *am* currently working on reworking things,
since I'm still not 100% happy with the logging just yet (I'm trying to
use NoBannerLogger as the base to start from) -- but there's a lot of Java
code I need to read through to try and understand about BuildEvents and
all that, so I don't have anything done yet (other than a really evil
quick hack to Project.java and Ant.java, which even I knew was the way
wrong thing to do ... but the logging output did look nice :)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)