ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Question about compiler error when calling log()
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2001 22:08:28 GMT
I've been making some changes to the sound-task stuff, and one thing I
wanted to change was to not have it throw a BuildException if the
specified source isn't valid (you don't really want your build to fail
just because you typo'd the name of your sound-file, do you? :)  I can use
a call to log() in execute() in SoundTask.java, but when I try to use it
in getSource(), I get the following compiler error:

137.     log(src + " is not a valid file.", Project.MSG_WARN) ;
         <->
*** Error: An instance of "SoundTask.this" is not accessible here because
it would have to cross a static region in the intervening type
"SoundTask$BuildAlert".

I'm sure it's a terrificly meaningful error message, for someone who
understands what it means :)  Unfortunately, I don't happen to be one of
those someones, so would some kind someone who is be willing to enlighten
me? I can use System.out.println(), but I'd rather use log() if I can.

Thanks,
Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)