ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Question on builds that fail
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2001 16:38:28 GMT
--- Conor MacNeill <conor@cognet.com.au> wrote:
> I have commited a a change which provides a failonerror attribute for
> javac. It defaults to true. If you set it to false, the build will
> continue. Fear not, Diane, I created an antonym, proceed. If you set
> this
> attribute to true, the build will also continue. Ideally, I'd like to
> deprecate that but you know, it seems some people don't like
> deprecations
> so for now bth are supported but I may leave proceed undocumented.

Thanks! Muchly appreciated. With Sam's stuff to turn off adding runtime
and system classes, and if Jay's "refactoring" changes get submitted as
well, so I can have my 'sj' compiler stuff in its own source-file, I could
actually try using the off-the-rack <javac> task, for the first time ever!
:)  That'd leave me with just my modified Target.java (with its test for
equality and right-hand property resolution) that's not straight CVS (once
Stefan submits the Property.java patch that is) -- which will make my life
with Ant much simpler.

2001 looks like it's off to a good start :)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)