ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Question on builds that fail
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2001 23:27:53 GMT
--- Bill Burton <billb@progress.com> wrote:
> In general, I like the idea of a "proceed" attribute on the <javac>
> task.
> However, that name is not consistent with the <exec> and <execon> tasks
> which use the attribute "failonerror".  In those tasks, the default is
> "no" which is the opposite of what you'd want as the default for the
> <javac> task.  That's okay but I think it would be better if the
> attribute
> name for continuing after a failure is consistent among all tasks even
> if
> the default value differs.

Ordinarily I agree that consistency is better -- but in this case, I'd
have to change a whole bunch of stuff, or be out-of-sync yet again with
CVS. I've been using this mod for a couple of months already, and
everything already uses "proceed"... and by "everything", I mean all my
<javac> tasks (which for me is lots and lots and lots), and there's
properties files and the wrapper-script and documentation...

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)