ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cognet.com.au>
Subject Re: TStamp - custom formats
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2001 11:51:28 GMT
Scott,

Your patch and Rob's path overlapped the most. I'll address Thomas' in a
separate email.

I've committed Rob's patch for now. I preferred the nested element approach
to defining the formats. It is nicely explicit and I think it may be best
to leave the current, implicitly named values with their fixed formats.

What do you think? Do you think think your "gold plating" is also required?
If you do, let me know and I can add it in the context of Rob's approach or
you can send me an updated patch.

Cheers
Conor

----- Original Message -----
From: <ScottCarlson@email.com>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2000 2:25 PM
Subject: Re: TStamp - custom formats

> This is the third Tstamp patch that's been submitted.  (Mine being
> the second)  What will actually get committed?
>
> Scott
>
> On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Rob Oxspring wrote:
>
> > I've just modified my copy of the Tstamp task, and thought others may
want to use/commit it.  It adds the capability of creating properties with
any format that the SimpleDateFormat class can handle.  This means that we
are no longer restricted to the US style (eg UK) and can add other stuff
such as zimetone and era (should anybody have a need!). The default
behaviour is unchanged, and the only downside is that it sets properties
just as the rest of Tstamp does and does not tread carefully as the
property task does - is this a problem?. The extended syntax is: