ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cognet.com.au>
Subject Re: TStamp - custom formats
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2001 11:39:17 GMT
Rob,

I've committed this patch with a few minor changes. If you disagree with
them let me know and I can change it.
Basically I changed the usage as follows:-

<tstamp>
    <format property="TODAY_UK" pattern="d MMMM yyyy">
</tstamp>

The reason to do this was to make it distinctive from the propery elements
of the <ant> task which are about passing properties. This also aligns it
more with the way the <available> task specifies the property it is to set.
If you or anyone else is strongly in favour of Rob's original syntax let me
know.

Conor

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob Oxspring" <roxspring@yahoo.com>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2000 8:25 AM
Subject: TStamp - custom formats

I've just modified my copy of the Tstamp task, and thought others may want
to use/commit it.  It adds the capability of creating properties with any
format that the SimpleDateFormat class can handle.  This means that we are
no longer restricted to the US style (eg UK) and can add other stuff such
as zimetone and era (should anybody have a need!). The default behaviour is
unchanged, and the only downside is that it sets properties just as the
rest of Tstamp does and does not tread carefully as the property task
does - is this a problem?. The extended syntax is:

<tstamp>
    <property name="TODAY_UK" pattern="d MMMM yyyy">
</tstamp>

This will add a property TODAY_UK to the project with the value in the
format: "28 December 2000"

Hope its useful

Rob