ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cognet.com.au>
Subject Re: Property substitutions, Contributed Tasks, & New features
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2001 12:11:52 GMT

> For example, I can say:
>
>     java -Dmysysprop=foo net.x180.foo.Bar
>
> And my code could override that property. It's ok. Works fine.

I don't find the analogy too compelling. but I assume you mean <property>
would not override a command line value, but <setproperty> would?

When I am doing a build, I want to be able to control certain properties
and not have the build file just ignore them. As the build runner I want
priority over the build writer. The build.compiler flag would be a good
example, but even build specific properties should be controllable from the
command line. To have to edit the build file to change one of those values
would be a chore.

The same issue comes up with sub-builds. Which build controls the values,
parent or child?

duncan@x180.net