ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cognet.com.au>
Subject Re: Updated design docs
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2001 12:17:26 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Cook" <jimcook@iname.com>

> It seemed that Peter was championing AntFarm and Connor felt that Ant 1.2
> needed just a little tweaking to shake it up.

Let me make my position clear here, as I think you have missed the mark a
little. I envisaged that there would be major changes to Ant between Ant
1.2 and Ant 2.0. These included, just as an example, the need to drop tasks
into Ant by just dropping a task jar into a directory. I did not advocate
"tweaking" so much as natural evolution of the code base. I stated my
concern that a revolution may split the community. You know, I think I
might be right, there :-)

Anyway, that is all I have to say on this thread. You can all resume
flaming each other now :-(

Conor