ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: build process
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2001 15:17:06 GMT
From: "Conor MacNeill" <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
> I am going to revert the build process to the old style in the next few
> days. This will include the following
>
> 1. bootstrapping into lib/ant.jar
> 2. building from source
> 3. restoring the version resource
>
> I wish to go forward with the following changes
>
> 1. build/dist are local to ant, not in parent directory
> 2. consolidation of distribution builds.

As promised I have reverted the build process to the old style, whilst
keeping most of the build.xml ideas. I need to do a bit more work,
especially on the Unix side of things, but hopefully this will work for
most people.

I have not yet restored the version resource and the display of version
information. I'll do that tomorrow as I have to sleep now :-)

I'll try to address any problems arising, ASAP. Please be patient if you do
have problems. Once we are happy with it, I will produce another snapshot
build.

Conor