ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: [Coding Standards] Apache licence and GPL compatible?
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2001 19:32:11 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Stevens" <jon@latchkey.com>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2001 10:44
Subject: Re: [Coding Standards] Apache licence and GPL compatible?

> The short story is that the GPL license and the ASF license are
> incompatible according to the FSF (not the irony here is that the ASF has
> not made such claims). Therefore, you cannot under and circumstances link
> with (ie: use a .jar) or include GPL software within an ASF project.

Am I correct in my belief that were a java style ant task to be made part
of the Java style distribution, and not ant, there would be no issues?

If that were the the case then the solution to the problem would be "add the
ant task to the style libraries" and be done with it. Same for some means of
invoking ant from within Jedit. (has anyone scripted that yet?)

-steve